The first five years of its existence were rich in projects, publications, and events that contributed to establishing the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C²DH) as a national reference for research, teaching, and critical debate on the contemporary history of Luxembourg. At the international level, the C²DH has established itself as a global platform for reflection, experimentation, and development in the field of digital history and historiography.
To mark this special anniversary, we will have the pleasure to welcome Johanna Drucker, Professor of Bibliographical Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) for a talk entitled Value Exchange: Digitizing Cultural Knowledge Systems. Prof Drucker is internationally known for her work in artists’ books, the history of graphic design, typography, experimental poetry, fine art, and digital humanities.
- Welcome and introduction by Prof. Andreas Fickers, director of the C²DH
- Video clip “5 years C²DH in review”
- Address by Stéphane Pallage, rector of the University of Luxembourg
- Video message by Yuriko Backes , Minister of Finance
- Address by Claude Meisch, Minister for Higher Education and Research
- Lecture by Prof: Johanna Drucker: ‘Value Exchange: Digitizing Cultural Knowledge Systems’
- Concluding remarks by Prof. Andreas Fickers
- Cocktail reception
For organisational reasons, we thank you in advance to register before 19 May at firstname.lastname@example.org.Retour